Thursday, May 05, 2016

BRANCH IN THE ROAD
One day a Course In Miracles student was walking in the woods and came to a place where the road branched. Not knowing which way to proceed he asked for help. He heard the following inner voice:
"When you come to the place where the 
branch in the road is quite apparent, you cannot go ahead. You must go either one way or the other. For now if you go straight ahead, the way you went before you reached the branch you will go nowhere. The whole purpose of coming this far was to decide which branch you will take now. The way you came no longer matters. It can no longer serve. No one who reaches this far can make the wrong decision, although he can delay. And there is no part of the journey that seems more hopeless and futile than standing where the road branches, and not deciding on which way to go. It is but the first few steps along the right way that seem hard, for you have chosen, although you still may think you can go back and make the other choice. This is not so.
A choice made with the power of Heaven to uphold it cannot be undone. Your way is decided. There will be nothing you will not be told, if you acknowledge this."
Still confused he asked for more specific directions. He was told: "One of the roads leads to Heaven, and the other leads to a discussion of Heaven which is really hell because it will keep you forever stuck in philosophical speculation about truth. This road is circular and will always lead you back to the same place where you can choose again. Many come to this place and choose to take the circular road over and over and over, until they ask: "What is it for". However the correct road will save you much time and pain. WHY WAIT FOR HEAVEN? HEAVEN IS HERE, NOW. YEA.”
What the above is saying to me is what the Course is saying to me: The separation from God has not occurred. However it seems to me that I, Nathan, as the dreamer of this dream of Separation believe that the impossible has actually occurred. That in Truth there are no answers in the world. The Course tells me to not deny what my body's eyes show but to ask for help from HS to see it through Christ's vision which I think is the same as true perception. I like to call it Immaculate Perception when I see everything this way, both "good" and "evil" then the world as I perceive it ends. It seems to me also that since even though I "Know" this is a dream, I experience it as though it were very real and that "connection with other people" is helpful in showing me what part of my mind still needs to be healed.
For me it was a process which went something like this. For much of my life If I felt upset or angry at someone, something, circumstance or event I thought and reacted as though these situations, in whatever form, were to blame for my upset. After doing the course for a number of years, I had a "shift" in my perception (a miracle) and I realized no one experience is doing anything to me except what I need for these experiences to do to help me wake up. And if that person, circumstance, situation or event didn't do it, I would have to find something else to fill that role. For me the whole purpose of the Course is to help me wake to my reality, not to try to fix the dream but to awaken from the dream. ~ Alan Dolit ~ Peace heart emoticon

No comments: